Free, on-demand professional learning
Check out these new on-demand, self-paced online learning modules for using the Question Formulation Technique with primary sources. These were developed through a creative partnership between the Library of Congress and the Right Question Institute and were funded by a Library of Congress Teaching with Primary Sources grant.
Online resource hub
You can also find dozens of new resources for using the QFT with primary sources: videos, lesson examples, blogs, webinars, workbooks, lesson planning tools, and more. Help unlock the magic of primary sources through students’ questions.
Free resources for engaging voters
Nonprofits, social service agencies, public libraries, churches, and a wide range of other organizations can use our free, nonpartisan resources to start conversations with people about voting. They can help boost people’s motivation and determination to vote. Start with our “Why Vote?” Toolkit, which includes resources and video guidelines in English and Spanish. There’s also a tool for engaging youth.
What we’re reading
Here are some stories and resources that caught our attention the past month.
- James Webb Space Telescope STEM Toolkit — NASA STEM Engagement
- Lesson Plans, Activities & Programs for Formal Education — NASA, James Webb Space Telescope
- What Time Should School Start? We Asked Teachers — Education Week
- Sedentary Child Care Workers Lead To Sedentary Toddlers — The Hechinger Report
- Music for a College Classroom: A Texas School Will Soon Offer a Harry Styles Class — NPR
Your donations mean a lot
When you make a gift to the Right Question Institute, you help bring free resources to teachers and schools. Plus, you help equip people in low-income communities with skills and strategies for solving problems, participating in decisions, and making their voices heard — contributing to a more inclusive educational system, society, and democracy. Thank you for your support.