*Open to adult educators in New Hampshire.
The Right Question Institute (RQI) offers an educational strategy that invests in the ability of adult learners to think and act on their own behalf in several realms. It builds skills that can help adult learners acquire valuable learning skills and prepares them to be more self-sufficient when addressing problems outside of the classroom.
RQI will offer a one-day professional learning session on January 31, 2020.
This active learning session will introduce the Question Formulation Technique (QFT), a simple, powerful evidence-based strategy used by over 350,000 educators to teach students how to ask their own questions. The QFT helps advance teaching and learning goals across all disciplines through cultivating collaborative, student-centered learning. Participants will learn how to facilitate the strategy and will have the opportunity to plan on how to best integrate the QFT into their instruction to support ongoing work. The session will also introduce an application of the QFT to voting. Participants will have a strategy they can use to engage and motivate their students to vote and develop skills for more effective civic participation.
In this active learning session participants will:
- learn about the origins of the Right Question Strategy
- experience one component of the strategy: The Question Formulation Technique (QFT)
- explore why and how the strategy works and see examples of application
- practice how to integrate into adult education settings
- plan a lesson using the QFT
- explore an application of the QFT to voting and specific materials to engage students to vote and develop skills for more effective civic participation
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Use the Question Formulation Technique (QFT) to deliver classroom content and build student’s question formulation skills
- Use the QFT and other materials to engage adult learners in voting and in civic involvement
Email email@example.com for more information.