When: Tuesday, October 20th 3pm Eastern
Watch the video recording: If you missed this webinar or want to share it with colleagues, you can watch the video recording. After you register, you’ll be able to watch the video.
“Why Vote?” Lesson Plan and “Why Vote?” Tool
- Increasing Student Agency in Elections: The “Why Vote?” Lesson Plan
- See Events Resource below for downloadable files of Lesson Plan
- Link to Lesson Plan Student Handouts (Google Documents)
- “Why Vote?” Tool
- “Why Vote?” Tool for Youth
Webinar PowerPoint and other resources: You can find the PowerPoint slides from this webinar below, at the bottom of this event listing.
This webinar will introduce participants to a lesson plan they can implement and adapt to their classroom needs. We will explore how educators can help students think about voting, its importance, and motivating themselves and others to have a role in elections.
The hour will consist of an active learning experience in the tools included in the lesson plan “Increasing Student Agency: The Why Vote? Tool.” This lesson has been designed to share components of the “Why Vote?” Tool in combination with the Question Formulation Technique (QFT) process.
Session participants will:
1. Have an active experience in the strategy used in the lesson plan
2. Think about how they integrate the lesson into their ongoing work to help students think about voting and its importance
3. Receive recommendations from a civics educator who planned the lesson and has used the QFT in her classroom