You can view the recording here.
Georgians are being asked to make one final push to the polls. In this extraordinary effort, volunteers will be registering new voters by the December 7th deadline and encouraging them to vote in the January 5th runoff election.
Join us for an interactive webinar on November 24th at 12PM Eastern introducing you to the Right Question Institute’s “Why Vote?” Tool to help engage voters in advance of the election.
The “Why Vote?” Tool is a simple, two-page resource that makes it easier for everyone – especially people who don’t regularly vote – to:
1) Identify issues and services that are important to them;
2) Draw the connection between those services/issues and decisions elected officials make;
3) Name for themselves why they would want to vote and have a say in who’s making decisions on their behalf; and
4) Ask questions about the process of actually registering and voting.
The “Why Vote?” Tool can serve as a first step to connect people to get-out-the-vote resources in Georgia for the January 5th election. It can be easily adapted for use online, on the phone or in person.
In this interactive webinar, participants will have the chance to:
– Learn about how the tool has been successfully used with voters this election season in Georgia and around the country
– Have an active learning experience as an introduction to the “Why Vote?” Tool
– Explore best practices on how to use and share this resource with others, including in new remote working contexts
DJ Sims, Georgia Justice Project
Luz Santana, Co-Director, The Right Question Institute
Naomi Campbell, Legal Program Director, The Right Question Institute
Yeja Dunn, Program Coordinator, The Right Question Institute