This event is open to the public.
Join us for a special two-part, one-day workshop to learn the Question Formulation Technique (QFT), a simple yet powerful strategy to teach students how to ask and use their own questions.
In this hands-on, active learning experience, participants develop a deep understanding of the strategy and the ability to immediately apply it with students and share it with colleagues. Educators in more than one million classrooms around the world, from pre-k through higher education, use the Question Formulation Technique (QFT) simply because it helps their students become more curious, engaged learners by sparking curiosity and fueling creativity, understanding, and innovation.
In the morning introductory session, participants will:
- Actively experience the QFT around a challenge in education
- Explore classroom examples and student work
- Learn strategies and best practices for effective QFT lesson design and facilitation
- Work with planning tools and classroom resources
In a special afternoon advanced working session, participants will:
- Learn advanced classroom moves and troubleshooting tips
- Form self-organized working groups to discuss and make plans around Integrating the QFT with state social studies standards and practices
- Take advantage of opportunities to share work and get feedback from colleagues and facilitators
Registration opens July 1, 2019.