Watch the video recording: If you missed this webinar or want to share it with colleagues, you can watch the video recording. After you register, you’ll be able to watch the video.
Webinar PowerPoint and other resources: You can find the PowerPoint slides from this webinar below, at the bottom of this event listing.
You’ll also find:
- The “Why Vote?” Tool in English and Spanish
- The “Why Vote?” Tool for Youth in English and Spanish
- The “Why Answer the Census?” Tool in English and Spanish
Also check out the “Why Vote?” Toolkit, which includes more information.
There is a long standing problem in our country that holds within it a potential solution for building a more robust and just democracy: In contrast to voting rates in higher-income communities, barely half of eligible voters in low-income communities exercise their right to vote. The global pandemic has only exacerbated these differences, and fears of voter suppression in upcoming elections are magnified.
We are ready to tackle that problem. Based on nearly three decades of innovative educational work in education, health care, social services, and adult literacy, the Right Question Institute (RQI) has designed a voter engagement strategy that can lead to traditional nonvoters becoming regular voters.
At the core of the strategy is a simple two-page resource called the “Why Vote?” Tool. This resource makes it easier for people in low-income communities to see the connection between the services they receive and decisions elected officials make and name for themselves the value of voting. The tool can be easily adapted to remote working environments.
In this interactive webinar, we will:
Have an active learning experience while using the “Why Vote?” Tool
- Explore why our voter engagement strategy works
- Explore best practices on how to use and share this resource with others, including in new remote working contexts
Who should attend:
- Frontline workers at direct services organizations and agencies
- Adult educators
- Educators working with parents in low-income communities
- Voter engagement enthusiasts looking for an innovative and powerful strategy to engage new voters
- Anyone interested in helping people they work with or people in their community become better self-advocates through voting
We have designed this webinar so that you can walk away with a new tool you can add to your voter engagement toolbox and ideas on how to implement it right away.